Diamond Flexible Packaging has been a family-owned business since its start in 1929. Now in its third generation, our privately-owned company has seen much growth, but our core values remain the same.
Over the years the company has built a reputation for great customer service and high-quality products. It is thanks to our employees and our years of experience that we are one of America’s leading flexible packaging manufacturers. For almost 90 years, Diamond Flexible Packaging’s innovative packaging solutions have helped strengthen our customers’ brand and recognition.
We are proud to announce the addition of our UTECO ONYX 108 flexographic printing press to our lineup of printing presses. This machine’s capabilities offer the best in flexographic printing to our customers, showing our commitment to growth and increased quality.
A Brief History
- 1929 – Diamond Sales Corp. started by Harry L. Diamond in southern Chicago
- 1944 – Name changes to Diamond Cellophane Products and incorporates in Illinois (Moves to new location in southern Chicago)
- 1959 – Growth leads to need for larger location in southern Chicago
- 1963 – Harry L. Diamond passes away and company purchased by Richard Diamond and Ludwig Neuburger
- 1970 – Richard Diamond purchases all shares of company
- 1985 – Growth leads company to new facilities in Lincolnwood, IL
- 1988 – First stack printing press
- 1989 – First CI press
- 2000 – Growth leads company to larger facilities in Northbrook, IL
- 2006 – First pouch machine with slider
- 2007 – Second pouch machine added
- 2010 – Third pouch machine added
- 2012 – Servo Universal Poly Bag machine added
- 2013 – First laminator
- 2017 – Growth leads to larger facility, new UTECO ONYX 108 press and new logo
Diamond Flexible Packaging takes pride in our experienced team of highly-trained, long-time employees, our commitment to using the best technology and our carefully honed printing and converting operations.
We are a full-service company that can take film all the way through the printing, laminating, slitting and converting process with an emphasis on quality during each step.
Diamond Flexible Packaging’s goal for the future of our company is to grow through continually meeting and exceeding our customers’ expectations. We are motivated to remain one of the best overall values in our growing and everchanging industry.